Revue Noire rn°19
(ONLY FEW COPIES AVAILABLE)
"AFRICAN ARTISTS and AIDS" + new music CD "A CAPELLA"
Contemporary African art for HIV seropositive people (a special project Revue Noire) : art, photo, literature, dance, theatre, music, architecture, heritage, design, ritual art, talks, memory, art news.
new music CD of the miost beautifull African voices "A Capella" (with Papa Wemba, Lulendo, Lokua Kanza, Bonga, Ray Léma, Cheb Mami, Henri Dikongué, Aminata Fall…).
Talks with African HIV seropositives against taboos. Special file AIDS Treatments.
Editor Jean Loup Pivin and Pascal Martin Saint Leon. The most beautiful African voices a capella (CD with Papa Wemba, Lulendo, Lokua Kanza, Bonga, Ray Léma, Cheb Mami, Henri Dikongué, Aminata Fall…). Talks with African HIV-positives, against the taboos. Medical care/AIDS file. Contemporary art and living with HIV (a special project of art, video, music by Revue Noire) : art, photo, literature, dance, theatre, music, architecture, heritage, design, talks, memory, art news. Edition December 1995. In French and English. 112 pages 23x33 cm.
ARTISTS PUBLISHED :
ART / Henry Koombes Kums, Pascale Marthine Tayou, Georges Adeagbo, Marie Wolf, Hentie Van Der Merwe, Hélène Coré, Ass M'Bengue, Mathilde Moro, Grobli Zirignon, Tamsir Dia, Kan-Si, Andrew Putter, Cheikh Niass, Aboulaye Konaté, Mohamed Kacimi
PHOTO / Barbaras, Lien Botha, Gideon Mendel, Rotimi Fani Kayode
LITERATURE / Frédéric Chango, Isabelle Boni Claverie, Ahmad Barakat, Amal Dunqul, Florent Couao Zotti, Antoine Kaburahe, Simon Njami, Ruben Mowszowski
DANCE / N'Soleh, Adiatou Massidi
THEATRE / Teatri
CINEMA / Revue Noire produit "Une Heure le Sida", fictions courtes de Gahité Fofana, Bouna Medoune Seye, Dorris Haron Kasco
MUSIC / CD Revue Noire Sida 'A Capella', Papa Wemba, Monika Séka, Lulendo, Menwar, Lokua Kanza, Omar Pene, Mama Kouyaté, Bonga, Ray Léma, Cheb Mami, Henri Dikongué, Kaïssa Doumbé, Aminata Fall
TALKS MEMORY / Ofwono, Koiuamé, Marilyn Martin, Abdoulaye M'Bengue, Bleoiue, Arsène Tao, Valy Ouattara, Carole, Tapé Bi, Esmel, Baguma, Chipanta, Déclaration de Dakar, Dossier Sida
The Revue Noire Project "AFRICAN ARTISTS and AIDS" is composed of a multi-media exhibition (exhibits in Cotonou and Dakar) and a special TV show broadcasted several times on African satellite (meeting together singers, artists, writers and HIV seropositive people).
This issue includes artworks, writings and songs of the TV show.
And also the next videos produced by Reb-vue Noire by African filmmakers (see "Videoroom" in this website) :
- "Only One Hour, for AIDS", a 52' TV show presented by Isaak de Bankolé, with fictions by African filmmakers, African singers of the CD "A Capella", talks with African HIV-seropositives "A Word, A Face", and African artists working to understand their troubles.
- "SAÏ SAÏ BI, inside Dakar's Tapats", 10' short fiction by Bouna Medoune Seye (An HIV-positive drug addict living his last trip ...)
- "TEMEDY", 8' short fiction by Gahité Fofana (A young HIV-positive girl of Conakry seeks to continue to live day by day despite the virus corrodes her...)
- "DOLOROSA", dance-video by Dorris Haron Kasco, choregraphy Massadi Adiatou, N'Soleh company, on a text by Michèle Rakotoson (A mother follows her son to death ...)
- "A WORD, A FACE", 12' documentary by Gahité Fofana (African HIV-seropositives say us their difficulties to live day after day in Africa with the virus…)
- "ARTISTS WORDS", 26' documentary (African artists tell us about their experiences of creating about AIDS ...